coronavirus update >
We can’t wait to welcome children back to our camps!
We are really pleased that we can now open booking for our camps! We understand the importance of sourcing childcare for the school holidays and would like to thank you for your patience whilst we waited on Government guidelines. We are now able to open bookings for our camps; however to keep everyone safe and comply with these guidelines, our camps will need to look a little different this year. We have used parent consultation, alongside the guidance provided to create a model which is safe, but still fun and familiar. Please read the details below to find out more.
- To allow us to operate in bubbles, we will only be able to accept ‘weekly’ block bookings. We understand parents’ concerns on the extra costs this would incur, so we have therefore taken the decision to run camps from Tuesday to Thursday only. This will mean that there will be a sufficient time gap of 4 days between each bubble.
- Children will be in the same bubble throughout a 3 day camp week, thus complying with cross contamination controls and recommendations.
- Bubbles will have a maximum of 15 children and where possible will include the child’s siblings and friends (please note that we cannot guarantee this, but every attempt will be made to accommodate requests).
- The bubbles will have the same two members of staff for the 3 day period.
- There will be two bubbles per venue, but these will always work totally independently of each other, with additional appropriate space now available at each venue.
- To achieve enhanced staff-to-child ratios and ensure we maintain the same staff for each bubble, we will need to reduce the number of venues we operate this summer.
- We have used the parent consultation to identify the three most requested venues. Therefore, we will be operating camps at Balcarras School (5-12 year olds). Bishop’s Cleeve Primary Academy (5-12 year olds) and Charlton Kings Infants’ School (3-7 year olds)
- Strict social distancing, cleanliness and personal hygiene controls will be in effect.
- Appropriately adapted activities and camp procedures will be adhered to at all times.
- We will maximise the use of outdoor space wherever possible.
- We will send clear communication regarding drop-off and pick-up procedures
Move More will always follow the Government and Public Health England guidance current at that time, to ensure a well-managed, high quality and enjoyable camp experience for children and staff. We want to reassure you that our priority is for children to always feel safe and happy in our care. We look forward to welcoming your family back to one of our camps this summer. We know the important part physical activity plays in promoting good physical and mental wellbeing. This has been such a difficult time for everyone and we understand that some children haven’t been back to school as yet or seen their friends in a long time. Our camps will be full of fun, active and engaging activities to get children moving more and having fun!
As a result of the Coronavirus outbreak, we have amended our refund policy for camps, as follows:-
1. If a parent chooses to cancel their booking (without any display of symptoms, local lockdown etc), you will receive full camp credit up to and including the day your child is due to attend camp, so long as we have been informed.
2. What if my child is displaying symptoms of Coronavirus? Please ensure you do not send your child to any Move More camp and we will issue you with a camp credit.
3. What if I live outside of the county and go into local lockdown? Please ensure you do not send your child to any Move More camp and we will issue you with a camp credit.
4. What if Move More has to cancel the camp? We will do our utmost to deliver our camps, if it safe to do so. However, if we do need to cancel a camp following changes in government guidelines or local lock downs, the following will apply:-
– If we are unable to use one of our venues and therefore have to cancel the camp, we will give parents the option of either transferring to a different venue or we will provide you with camp credit or a refund depending on your payment method.
– If Move More is unable to run all camps, we will provide you with camp credit or a refund depending on your payment method.