Date(s) - 25/03/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The FA Primary Teachers’ Award is a free course designed for both practicing and trainee teachers or higher level teaching assistants working in a primary school. It has been hugely successful in developing teachers’ confidence to deliver high quality PE.
The course presents ideas for lessons using a variety of games based around movement skills for 5–11 year olds and the basic principles of invasion games. The tutors show how differentiation and assessment for learning can be embedded in PE lessons and also give guidance to those teachers who might run a school team.
The course is applicable for those who wish to build on their existing knowledge and those with little confidence of PE or football. Throughout the course, the tutors will also explain the importance of high quality PE in schools in order to develop confidence, self-esteem and belief amongst children and also the benefits of PE in raising academic achievement across other school subjects.
Candidates will gain a resource booklet and a recognised qualification on completion. At the end of the course the learner will:
· Have a greater awareness of the contribution of invasion games have to KS1 & 2 PE purpose of study
· Understand The FA’s playing and coaching philosophy (England DNA)
· Understand how to set up an organised football activity session
· Understand how to organise basic FUNdamental games to help develop Physical Literacy
· Have an understanding of how to modify practices to manage difference
· Understand how to set up 4v4 games for young players
· Have an understanding of how to further their knowledge and understanding of association football through attending relevant courses
Make a Booking
Bookings are closed for this event.