Move More are holding two 30 minute webinars for Headteachers (and PE Coordinators) all about Creating Active Schools (CAS) and the new pilot school opportunity.
It’s been widely studied and evidenced that physical activity BOOSTS your mental activity, personal wellbeing and keeps us fit and healthy. However, as a county we are currently facing some worrying statistics…
- Almost 1 in 4 children across Gloucestershire are classified as overweight or obese.
- The most deprived areas in Cheltenham and Tewkesbury have some of the highest obesity rates in the county.
- Less than 1 in 5 children across Cheltenham and Tewkesbury are achieving the CMOs recommended guidance of 60+ minutes of physical activity everyday.
- Children aged 5 – 15 spend a total of 4 hours 3 minutes each day in front of a screen.
Creating Active Schools (CAS) is a new framework designed to promote a whole systems approach putting PE & physical activity at the heart of schools’ improvement. The framework was developed in Yorkshire by an expert group of public health, education, sport and LA specialists. It has since been piloted in +100 schools, now in 23 Active Partnerships, gaining recognition nationally and within Dept for Education.
Interested in being a pilot school? Join our webinar!
Audience: Head teachers (PE Coordinators welcome to attend alongside the Head teacher).
Facilitators: Jeanette Quinn (Deputy CEO), Andy Herbert (Head of Development)
In partnership with Active Gloucestershire and Hartpury University
A pilot of 6 interested Cheltenham and Tewkesbury schools will be launched in January 2022 with another 6 schools after Easter. Your school could be one of the first 12 schools (2021-22) to pioneer this whole school improvement framework, receive £500 and support from Move More specialists. Want to find out more? Register your interest in our webinar and we will confirm dates and times shortly.
- Understand key elements of the framework, training and action planning process.
- Awareness of impact evidence gathering.
- Understand school’s commitment & timelines.
For more information please visit https://www.creatingactiveschools.org/